NEWS
PRESS RELEASE      19. 07. 2022

During the first half of the year, carriers paid 7.5 billion crowns in tolls, more than half of the fees were paid by foreign carriers

Prague, 19 July 2022 – The toll collection from vehicles with a maximum weight of over 3.5 tonnes grew year-on-year throughout the first half of the year. In total, carriers paid 7.5 billion crowns in tolls in the first six months of 2022 (growth of 5.8 percent year-on-year). New toll sections charged as of 1 February 2022, as well as a slight increase in the intensity of traffic on motorways and 1st category roads contributed to the growth.

In June itself, carriers paid 1.3 billion Czech crowns in tolls, which represented a year-on-year growth of 4.7 percent. The number of transactions increased only slightly by 0.2 percent to 96.2 million. 

“The growth in toll collection for the same number of transactions indicates, among other things, that carriers more often use motorways, which are charged at a higher toll rate. If we look at the collection of tolls in the entire first half of the year, almost 90 percent of the collected fees account for payments for driving on motorways,” said Petr Chvátal, the COO of CzechToll.

In the first half of the year approximately 52 percent of the collected tolls were paid by drivers of foreign vehicles. Vehicles from the Czech Republic account for the remaining 48 percent.

At the end of the first half of the year 697 thousand vehicles weighing over 3.5 tonnes were registered in the electronic toll system. Of these 170 thousand vehicles had domestic license plate numbers, the remaining vehicles had foreign ones. The number of on-board units issued to carriers reached 565 thousand.

© 2022 CzechToll
Design by KRAFT digital