PRESS RELEASE      15. 03. 2023

Toll collection was flat year-on-year in February, carriers paid 1.173 billion crowns

Prague, 15 March 2023 – In February carriers paid the total amount of CZK 1.173 billion for driving on toll roads. Year-on-year, the toll collection thus fell by 0.6 percent. Number of toll transactions, on the other hand, increased by 3 percent to more than 86 million. Approximately 89 percent of the collected tolls went to fees for using motorways, the remaining 11 percent was paid by carriers for driving on toll sections of 1st category roads.

The toll road network currently includes 1,443 kilometres of motorways and 1,394 kilometres of 1st category roads. From the start of 2021, toll rates include three toll components: a road user charge (accounting for 90% of toll collection), a noise charge (more than 1%) and an air pollution charge for lorry operation (accounting for more than 8% of collection).

At the end of February 758 thousand vehicles weighing over 3.5 tons were registered in the electronic toll system, of which over 584 thousand vehicles had foreign license plate numbers. For these registered vehicles, CzechToll issued 605,000 on-board units to carriers.

© 2024 CzechToll
Design by KRAFT digital